Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

As the Father’s eternal Son, and the anointed One, and as the Creator in and through and by and for whom all things were created and are sustained, Jesus already had a relationship with all creation and the whole human race prior to his incarnation. In his death at our hands Jesus established his relationship with us in the catacombs of our twisted pathology and sin. Humbly submitting himself to be rejected and cursed by us Jesus pitched his tent inside our blackest hell, and he was not alone. He brought his Father and the Holy Spirit with him. How could the love of the Father, Son and Spirit be defeated by evil? How could our sin and treachery overcome the mutual faithfulness of the Father, Son and Spirit? How could death destroy the eternal life of the blessed Trinity? On resurrection day the life and love and fellowship of the Father, Son and Spirit triumphed. Jesus rose in his Father’s love, anointed in the Holy Spirit, and he was not alone. He had us, and all creation in his arms.

Hope in Jesus and in his relationship with his Father, and in his relationship with the Holy Spirit, and in his relationship with all creation. Believe.

Happy Easter

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wonderful! Thanks for posting. Have a blessed Easter!

Tricia

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

Thanks Baxter,

It truly is the greatest news in all of the universe!

Scott

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how Father, Son and Holy Spirit can stand being in my darkness. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Baxter for this view that Jesus has shared through you.
Every Sunday I go to Church to only be depressed and discouraged. It seems that the emphasis is on who I am not rather than who I am, who Father,Son, and Spirit have made me to be. I know the "who" I was and I know as Doug stated the Trinity is pleased to dwell in my slime pit. It does not seem helpful to be viewed, or to view others, for who we might have been. I need NO help viewing myself this way. I dislike myself so much in that picture that I would like to not only burn the negative but the camera as well. Thanks for the hope Baxter, I really need the hope right now.
Tim