Wednesday, December 25, 2013

We Believe

"Our blessed Lord Jesus Christ, who, according to his transcendent love, became what we are to bring us to be what he is himself"  — St. Irenaeus

Holy Spirit, on this day of shocking divine humility and salvation, reveal to us the agreements that we have made with the darkness concerning the Lord Jesus Christ.  We want no more darkness.  In our culture of unbelief, we declare that we believe in Jesus Christ, the beloved, eternal and faithful Son of the Father (Homoousios to Patri), the One anointed in the Holy Spirit, incarnate, crucified, resurrected, and ascended Lord of all Creation, the Vicarious Man, Immanuel.

Merry Christmas to all.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dr. Kruger,

Thank you so much for your faithfulness to your task. I am gleaning so much from your talks and writings. The path that has led me to where I am now - that is, finally embracing the true Story that begins with Trinity and ends with the reconciliation of all things and people - was long and tortuous. Each of my guides on that path has "passed me on," as it were, to the next, though the transitions often took years. So far, those guides have been, in rough order, Lewis...Richard Foster...Dallas Willard...The Shack...First attempt at Perichoresis (just couldn't hear it then)...George MacDonald...Peter Hiett (tsdowntown)...and most recently, Perichoresis again, especially you and Bruce W. In another life, I grew up in a fundamentalist Baptist environment, and then went on to school in the steps of every good, aspiring youth seeking "full-time ministry": a fate from which two professors, a glance at James Barr, a lot of struggle, a fair bit of arrogance (unfortunately), and, eventually, a growing awareness of liturgy and the historic Body of Christ, finally delivered me. Now, though I still understand so little, because of people such as yourself, I feel I have finally been theologically delivered as well, and I can "breathe the free air again," as I go on to discover what wonders I may. Again, thank you.

-Charles Whitehead, Missouri

Todd said...

God rest you merry, Baxter!